Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Spoiling, 2007

Hoo boy. I got hella spoiled for Christmas this year. I mean, like ridiculously. Embarrassingly so. But am I too embarrassed to provide a list? Clearly not.

Twin Peaks: The Definitive God Box Edition DVD set
Planet Earth: The BBC Series Blu-Ray set
A bottle o' Pendleton Canadian Whiskey (smoothest whiskey ever)
A bottle o' Milagro silver tequila w/ matching glasses
A bottle o' Jagermeister (who needs Nyquil?)
A set of really cool McMenamins marble coasters
"Beer: It's What's For Dinner" metal sign (for my office)
Guinness pajamas
Various microbrews (from Isaac)
McMenamins gift card (from Sierra)
Homemade bookmark (from Kendyl)
Shaker/shot glass/glass rimmer set
Jack Skellington sweatshirt
Various jerkeys and snack mixes (stocking)
Steam cleaner thing (from my parents)

...plus lots of other cool stuff which I'm forgetting....

But my coolest gift? A card from my stepson Logan, stating the following: "If it's okay, I'd like to start calling you Dad." The moral of this story? Gifts become possessions, and possessions are just things. But the love of a child is something else altogether. Deeper, richer. Truer.

And then it snowed. On Christmas. Has that ever happened here before?

Best Christmas ever. My family rocks. I'm the happiest man alive.

No comments: