Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween *Yawn* 2007

It's Halloween. Yay. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Thing is, I SHOULD be thrilled. Halloween, of all holidays, should be right up my alley. I'm not religious, so the usual holidays don't do much for me. Halloween is the ONE holiday that I should look forward to, plan for, revel in. But I don't. This year especially… man, I just don't give a shit. I even watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" last night to try to force myself into the right mood, and it didn't work (I actually fell asleep watching it).

Earlier this year I decided, come Halloween, I'd dress up as the McMenamins Hammerhead Ale guy:


White shirt, overalls, and boots. Easy. The only tricky part would be the head, but I was determined to figure it out (foam rubber, or maybe papier-mâché). Fast forward to now, and I haven't done shit. Furthermore, I have no plans tonight anyway, so what would be the point?

Am I old? Lazy? Both, I guess. But there's more to it… I suppose everything going on in our lives right now factors in somewhere (home appraisal in two days, in-laws staying with us, etc). Maybe I'm depressed. Maybe it's as simple as that.

Shellee and her husband are dressing up as a pirate and wench this year. Oh, and I'm back in touch with Dave, an old childhood friend, and on his page there's a picture of him dressed as a fucking whoopee cushion. See? Others are enjoying the Halloween spirit. Meanwhile, I'm…. not. I'm a sad old man. Tonight I'll watch TV and hand out candy while the rest of world lives it up. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Maybe next year I'll go all out and REALLY celebrate Halloween. You know, if I'm still alive and shit.


No comments: