Tuesday, January 15, 2008

On Pins and Needles....

...is what I'm not. Seems odd, since by rights I should be climbing the walls, bug-eyed and twitching. But I'm not.

Let me explain: I entered my novel in Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award contest a few months ago. The little 396-page bugger made it through the first round, so I was officially became of 5,000 qualified entrants. The next round will eliminate 4,000, leaving the top 1,000 to duke it out in further rounds, and this illustrious top 1,000 will be announced.... today.

But am I tripping? Am I freaking out with anticipation? No. It's just another boring-ass day here at work. In all honesty, I don't expect to win this competition, so it's not worth a bunch of nail-biting and frenzied pacing. If it's meant to be, it'll be. But hell, even if I'm NOT eliminated today, I'll still be up against 999 other wannabe writers. Still lousy odds. And that's the BEST case scenario.

Not worth stressing. If my novel gets eliminated, I'll just try getting it published the old-fashioned way: selling my soul to the devil and blowing whoever I have to. *Yawn* I'm on my lunch hour right now. I think I'll take a nap.

No comments: