Monday, December 1, 2008

My God, It's Huge!!!

So what’s a hungry family to do when everyone’s sick of Thanksgiving leftovers? Why, they go to Giant Burger in Lake Oswego, of course.


I’ve extolled the virtues of Giant before in this very blog, but I’ll do it again. Giant is something of a local legend in these parts, mostly because of their fucking huge burgers which, by the way, are delicious. That’s um, pretty much it. Ain’t nothin’ fancy here. Just big, tasty burgers. What more does one need?


While we were there some photographer was taking pictures for an upcoming feature in Mix, a new magazine spotlighting local food and drink establishments. When our huge-ass tray was ready for pickup, he swooped down like a vulture and snapped a few shots of it. Plus, I’m pretty sure he got a shot of Teresa and I waiting in line to order (here’s hoping we show up in the magazine). I thought about taking a picture of him taking pictures but, fearing a possible photographic infinity loop, I held that particular impulse in check. He then ordered a milkshake, took it outside, and proceeded to snap literally dozens of pictures of it. Puzzling as this was, my attention was soon commanded by the enormous Filler burger. Grease ran down my chin, and I swooned.







Haven’t been there, you say? Well, what are you waiting for? Sheesh, you only live once.

No comments: