Wednesday, June 27, 2007

2nd Anniversary

Monday (6/25) was our second anniversary. Pretty low key this year, especially since it fell on a friggin' Monday of all days. We did manage to have a night without kids the previous Saturday (6/23), so we went out for dinner at Chili's (yes, I had the Presidential Margarita in case you were wondering) and caught a movie (Knocked Up, which I heartily recommend… FYI, any movie with the line "Steely Dan gargles my balls" gets an automatic thumbs up from me). After the movie, we imbibed a healthy amount of alcohol under the stars on our back deck with No Doubt blaring from inside. A nice evening… hell, any evening when all four kids are gone is nice. Nicer than nice. Here's how fine she was looking that night:

So yeah, we've survived two years being married. Any honest person will tell you that marriage is hard work, and all that "eternal wedded bliss" crap is just that… crap. It's damn hard sometimes, especially when you're combining two families. It's been uphill and rocky, but we're still together. I absolutely adore Teresa, and I cherish the family we share. I'm not going anywhere. I love you, baby.

No comments: