Monday, October 6, 2008

Waiting for a Gull like You...

I swung by McDonalds today (Yeah, I know… don't start with me), and here's what I spied in the parking lot:




It appears that seagulls, no longer content to merely shit on our cars from a safe distance, are now using them as furniture. This particular seagull didn't even blink when I approached to take its picture. I almost got the impression that it wanted me to come closer, wanted me to snap photos and share them with the world, as if it had some dark and sinister message to convey.

Should we as a species be concerned? Could this be the first step in an imminent avian uprising? Could this lone seagull be the airborne equivalent of The Day the Earth Stood Still's Klaatu, the solitary vanguard of a potential invasion force?

If you keep birds as pets (I'm opposed to the practice myself), maybe this would be a good time to cut your losses and set them free. You know, as a gesture of goodwill to our fine feathered friends. In doing so, you may just avert a worldwide disaster. Think about it.

1 comment:

Shellee said...

Hooray for 'Breakfast of the Champs'!!